All participants of the Canyon Team League are expected to behave in an appropriate and respectful manner towards other participants, spectators, streamers and the admins. The admin team reserves the right to make decisions which are not covered by the rules, to preserve the spirit of fair competition and sportsmanship.Rulebook
The admin team reserves the right to change this rulebook before and during the competition, in order to cover things which weren't covered before, or to change parts in order to improve the competition. If you see any mistakes in this rulebook, please contact the admin team.Team size
Every team should consist of at least 4 players
and at most 7 players
.Access to matches
Access to the matches in this competition is limited to the playing teams (this includes playing and non-playing members), the admin team and official streamers. Streamers should contact the admin team well ahead in time to gain access to the servers and be allowed to broadcast the matches.Use of custom models
The preference is that players use the default Canyon car model provided with the game. You can use models that are like the original Canyon car model
, provided it's pointed in the correct direction, has the same dimensions, etc. The admin team reserves the right to determine which model is allowed and which is not. The use of these different models can be distracting/annoying for players who drive with cars on and for spectators on streams.Payment of prizes
Payment of the prizes linked to this competition will be done as soon as possible after the competition has finished. The owner of the team receiving a prize will be contacted to determine payment details (bankaccount / PayPal / etc.). That person is then responsible for providing individual players of the team with their share of the prize.Tournament structure
This image is meant to illustrate the qualification and group stage structure: there are more teams in the qualification and there are six match days. There will be a single elimination bracket with the top five teams of the group stage.Schedule
Registering to play
- Announcement & map request open: Sunday, 18 September
- Registration/sign-up open: Sunday, 20 November
- Map request deadline: Sunday, 6 December 2022
- Sign-up deadline: Monday, 2 January 2023 (16:00 CET)
- Qualification stage: Monday, 2 January (20:00 CET) - Sunday, 8 January (12:00 CET)
- First group stage mappack release: Sunday, 8 January
- Group stage matches: Sunday 15 January - Monday 20 February
- Intermediate round / Semi-finals: Sunday 26 February
- Grand Final: Sunday 5 March, 20:00 CET
Team admins start by registering their team for the competition. Registering the team does not lock the team and players are free to join and leave as long as they are not in multiple teams playing the same competition. When all the players have joined the team and it complies with the competition requirements, you can confirm the team's participation in the competition. Once you confirm participation, the team cannot be changed.Qualification
The tournament starts with a qualification phase. All players can join the tournament server and drive on two maps. The times will be submitted to the tournament website, which will compile an overview of all times of the teams and display them ranked by the combined score of the three best players per team. The qualification will decide in which division the teams will start the group stage. Qualifying has to be done with at least three
players. If your team does not have three players with times on both maps, you will not
qualify for the group stage.Group stage
The starting divisions in the group stage will consist of teams of a similar level, as determined by the qualification. There are six match days and during every match day each division will play one match (with all teams in that division) with four submatches: 1v1(v1v1v1), 2v2(v2v2v2), and two 3v3(v3v3v3). The points scored by the team players during the Rounds submatches are summed and are the end result of the match. The top team will promote to the division above (if any) and the bottom team is relegated to the division below (if any).
The top two divisions will consist of only two teams, the other divisions will have five teams, this to avoid having one smaller division which might get inactive during the competition..
The group stage will consist of multiple divisions:
- Division 1: teams qualifying spots 1 - 2
- Division 2: teams qualifying spots 3 - 4
- Division 3: teams qualifying spots 5 - 9
- Division 4: teams qualifying spots 10 - 14
- Division 5: teams qualifying spots 15 - 19
The playoffs will be a single elimination bracket. Before the two semi-finals and the grand final, an intermediate round between the loser of division 2 and the winner of division 3 will be played. The winner of this match will play the winner of division 1 in the semi-finals and the losing team of division 1 will play against the winning team of division 2. The winners of the semi-finals will go head-to-head in the Grand Final!Playoffs schedule
- Sunday 26 February, 16:00 - 17:30 CET: intermediate round between loser division 2 & winner division 3
- Sunday 26 February, 19:00 - 20:30 CET: semi-final one, loser division 1 vs. winner division 2
- Sunday 26 February, 21:00 - 22:30 CET: semi-final two, winner division 1 vs. winner intermediate round
- Sunday 5 March, 19:00 - 20:30 CET: consolidation final, between the 2nd placed teams of the semi-finals
- Sunday 5 March, 21:00 - 22:30 CET: grand final, between the winners of the semi-finals
This competition will have four mappacks:
Working of a division (match)Confirming the date (group stage)
- Qualification mappack: qualification stage, consists of two maps, released at the start of the qualification;
- Mappack 1: for the first three rounds of the group stage, consists of three maps, released on the day on which the qualification ends;
- Mappack 2: for groupstage rounds 4 & 5, consists of three maps, released on the third matchday (Sunday);
- Mappack 3 (final): for the final round of the groupstage & the playoffs, consists of three maps, released on the fifth matchday of the group stage (Sunday).
Every match day has several playing slots in which a match can be played, each slot allows for more than enough time to play the match - a match will probably take a bit more than an hour. Team admins can indicate on the division page in which of these slots their team is available. When all teams have indicated which slots they're available, the admin team will determine the date/time the division will be played.
Available timeslots to choose:
- Sunday at 16:00 CET
- Sunday at 19:00 CET
- Sunday at 20:00 CET
- Sunday at 21:00 CET (default time if no consensus can be reached)
- Monday at 19:00 CET
- Monday at 21:00 CET
As there are teams playing from different timezones, we ask you to be considerate in chosing which timeslots you are not available. If you cannot agree to a timeslot, try to contact each other via Discord (f.e. using the team owners channel). If no consensus for a timeslot can be reached, the admin team will set the default time as the moment to play the match.Running the match
All matches are played on competition servers (see "Servers" below). Please communicate with the other teams in your division to determine on which matchserver the match will be driven.
When joining a match server, team owners and admins have the ability to select their match by executing the
command. This command will open a pop-up, in which they're able to select and start a match. After selecting a match, the server will start the procedure to run a submatch.
The submatch configurator pop-up will be displayed to everyone on the server and displays the information for the submatch (amount of players, which map). It also allows team owners and admins to select the players that will be driving the submatch. Decide beforehand which admin will configure the matches and avoid having multiple admins using the configurator at the same time.
After selecting the players, the team admin has to confirm the line-up and the selected players can ready up. Once all teams have been confirmed and all players are ready, the submatch will start with a warm-up round on the next map.Submatches
Every team match consists of four submatches, with one/two/three players from every team in the division. The 1v1(v1v1v1)/2v2(v2v2v2) submatches will play on the same map, both 3v3(v3v3v3) submatches will be on different maps. These submatches are played in Rounds on 10 rounds. All players will get one warm-up round. The points distribution will depend on the amount of teams playing in the division, and the amount of playing in the submatch.
The following points distributions apply for matches with two teams:
- 1v1: 6-3 [total points: 90; maximum per team: 60]
- 2v2: 6-4-3-1 [total points: 140; maximum per team: 100]
- 3v3: 6-5-4-3-2-1 [total points: 210; maximum per team: 150]
The following points distributions apply for matches with five teams:
The player playing the 1v1(v1v1v1) submatch is not allowed to play in the 2v2(v2v2v2) submatch.
- 1v1v1v1v1: 15-12-9-6-3 [total points: 450; maximum per team: 150]
- 2v2v2v2v2: 15-13-11-9-7-5-4-3-2-1 [total points: 700; maximum per team: 280]
- 3v3v3v3v3: 15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 [total points: 1.200; maximum per team: 420]
The system does not enforce this rule, and the teams have to ensure that they select the correct players. If the player is illegally played in the 2v2(v2v2v2) submatch, the points will be removed by hand by the admins afterwards.Match result
The points scored by the team players during the Rounds submatches are summed and are the end result of the match. The top team will promote to the division above (if any) and the bottom team is relegated to the division below (if any). If the total scores of two teams at the end of the match day are the same, the team with the higher scoring first placed player will be ranked higher.Servers
All matches are to be played on servers provided by the tournament organizer. These servers run a plugin which will allow team admins/owners to determine which players play which submatches and will automatically submit the results of these submatches to the website. Playing the match on any other server is not allowed.